- 1 8-ounce brick cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan, grated
- 1 package frozen spinach, thawed and chopped
- 1 6.5-ounce jar artichokes, chopped
- A few dashes hot sauce
- A pinch red pepper flakes
- A pinch garlic powder
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- A handful grated parmesan cheese
- EVOO – Extra Virgin Olive Oil
In a bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, mozzarella, parmesan, spinach, artichoke, hot sauce, red pepper flakes and garlic powder.
Form the cheese mixture into a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for at least 1 hour.
While the cheeseball is chilling, make the breadcrumb topping: Preheat oven to 350°F. Toss the panko with grated parmesan, EVOO and some red pepper flakes. Pop it into the oven for 10 minutes until the breadcrumbs are toasty.
When you are ready to serve, remove the cheese ball from the fridge, roll it into the toasted panko mixture to coat and form it into a football shape. Use a few pieces of chives to make stiches on the top so it looks like a football.
Serve with crackers, crostini and breadsticks alongside.