Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Fingers
Gina Torres On "9-1-1: Lone Star" Co-Star Rob Lowe: "It's a litt…
How To Make Root Vegetable Puree | Amanda Freitag
The Right Ways To Store Bras | You're Doing It Wrong | Expert Br…
How To Make Creamy Mustard Sauce | Amanda Freitag
5 Bras You Need NOW | Bra Fitting Expert Kimmay Caldwell
How To Make Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin | Amanda Freitag
How To Make Garlic Herb Roast Chicken with Potatoes | Rachael Ray
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
For the Honey Mustard Pretzel-Crusted Chicken Fingers
- 1 1-pound package of chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 5-ounce bag pretzels, any shape
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- Olive oil cooking spray
For the Honey-Dijon Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or canola oil
- 1/4 cup grated onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup Acacia or clover honey
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- Coarse black pepper, to taste
- Hot sauce, to taste
For the Jicama and Apple Slaw
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- 3 tablespoons honey, Acacia or light clover
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- Salt and pepper
- 1 small to medium jicama root, peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1 large Honeycrisp apple, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2 ribs celery and leafy tops, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Season the chicken tenders liberally with salt and pepper.
In a shallow dish, whisk together the honey and Dijon mustard until smooth.
Put pretzels into the bowl of a food processor and pulse to medium-sized crumbs. Place crumbs into a shallow dish and add chopped thyme.
Coat chicken tenders first in the honey mustard and then with the crushed pretzels.
Place the breaded chicken tenders on a sheet tray lined with a cooling rack. Spray the chicken tenders with cooking spray and place into the oven for 20 minutes or until crispy and brown.
For the barbeque sauce, heat oil in a small pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, stir 1-2 minutes, then add vinegar, Worcestershire, honey, mustard, tomato sauce, and pepper. Simmer to thicken over low heat, about 15 minutes. Add hot sauce to taste.
Serve chicken with barbeque sauce and Jicama and Apple Slaw alongside.
For the Jicama and Apple Slaw:
In a large serving bowl, whisk together vinegar, lemon juice, onion honey, oil and celery seed. Add jicama, apple, celery and carrot; toss to coat and chill.