- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 12-ounce bag frozen southwest blend
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 can black beans (if southwest blend doesn’t have beans in it)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into medium dice, around 3 cups
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeño juice
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 to 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 head Romaine, shredded
- Yellow mustard
- Baked tortilla chips
In a medium sauté pan over medium heat, brown ground chicken breast, about 5-7 minutes. Add garlic, cook until fragrant, 2-3 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook for another minute.
Place the cooked chicken, bag of Southwest Blend, diced tomatoes, chicken stock, chili powder, cumin, coriander, black beans, some salt and pepper into a 6.5-quart slow cooker. Set it on high for 3 hours. Add zucchini in the slow cooker an hour before chili is finished cooking.
Just before serving add jalapeño juice. Garnish with limes, cilantro, chopped tomatoes, chopped lettuce, baked tortilla chips, and my favorite – yellow mustard.