- 1/4 cup gluten-free light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, pitted, and shredded
- 1 tablespoon olive or canola oil
- 2 bone-in, skin-on, chicken breasts
- 1 cup prepared gluten-free barbecue sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 8 5-inch gluten-free corn tortillas, warmed or 4 gluten-free sandwich buns, for serving
Make the slaw: Place the mayonnaise, yogurt, honey, vinegar, salt and black pepper in a large bowl, and whisk until well combined. Add the red cabbage and the mangoes and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Prepare the chicken: Heat a medium saucepan over high heat. Add the olive or canola oil and add the chicken breasts, skin-side down. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 3-4 minutes, as the chicken browns. To a slow cooker, add the barbecue sauce, onions and the honey. Add the browned chicken and cook on high for high for at least an hour or two then switch to low.
Remove the chicken from the sauce, remove and discard the skin and bones. Shred the meat with a fork and return it along with the butter to the sauce, and stir well to coat.
Serve with the slaw on tortillas or mini buns.