- 1 pound chicken tenders
- Salt and pepper
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 green pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 red pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 onion, sliced into strips
- 1 jalapeños, sliced into rings
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 cup Skinny Slow-Cooker Tomato Sauce
- Lettuce leaves, for serving
- Cilantro, for garnish
Season chicken with salt and pepper.
Heat a large, non-stick skillet over high heat.
Once the skillet is hot, add in the chicken tenders. Cook for about 5 minutes then flip. Cook a few minutes more.
Add in the green pepper, red pepper, onion and jalapeño. Cook until vegetables begin to brown. Add in the cumin, chili powder and paprika. Toss the chicken and veggies around to coat. Add in the tomato sauce and lime juice. Bring to a simmer and remove from heat to cool.
When you’re ready to serve, place some of the chicken and vegetables into a lettuce cup and top with fresh cilantro leaves.