Fresh Tuna French-Style Cheeseburgers
Red Wine & Blue Burgers
Ohio Nacho Turkey Burgers
Provençal Tuna Melt
Tuna Pasta Salad
How To Make Sicilian Tuna Pasta With Canned Tuna By Rachael
Jenna Bush’s Tuna Wrap
How To Make Mexican Tuna Melts With Canned Tuna by Rachael
How To Make French Tuna Sandwiches With Canned Tuna By Rachael
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper or 24/7 Seasoning or seasoning blend of choice
- 2 limes or 3 to 4 tablespoons yuzu or Ponzu sauce
- 1 2-pound fresh, sashimi-grade tuna steak, cut into chunks
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced or grated
- 1 inch ginger root, minced or grated
- 1 small bunch scallions, whites and greens minced
- Black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Ponzu or Tamari
- Stir fry oil or canola oil
- 4 brioche buns, lightly toasted
- Nori, torn sheets of seaweed wrappers, toasted in a skillet until fragrant
- Pickled ginger
- For the sauce
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche, homemade aioli or Veganaise
- 2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- Zest and juice of 1 lime
Toss onions with seasoning or salt and pepper, yuzu, Ponzu or lime juice; let stand at least 30 minutes.
Pulse tuna in a food processor to finely chop then gently combine with garlic, ginger, scallions, pepper and Ponzu or Tamari. Form into patties and coat with oil.
Assemble the toppings and heat a griddle or nonstick skillet.
Combine sauce ingredients.
Cook burgers 4-5 minutes, turning once for pink centers and 7-8 minutes to cook through.
Serve burgers on toasted buns topped with toasted Nori, pickled onions, pickled ginger and special sauce.