- 1 cup peeled, seeded, and diced tomato (1/4-inch dice)
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper (1/4-inch dice)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper (1/4-inch dice)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 to 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 skin-on, boneless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 tablespoons (34 stick) butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground bay leaf
For the Brazilian Vinaigrette Salsa: Combine all the ingredients in a medium bowl and stir well to combine. Allow the salsa to sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour before serving. Yields 2 cups.
For the chicken: Preheat a grill to medium-low.
Season the chicken with the sea salt.
In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic and bay leaf.
Place the chicken, skin side down, on the grill and brush it with the butter-garlic blend. Cook for 7 minutes. Turn the chicken over, baste it with more of the butter mixture, and cook for another 7 minutes. Turn the chicken skin side down, and cook for 7 minutes more. Turn it over one last time and cook until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the deepest portion of the thighs registers 160F to 165F, about 7 minutes longer. Remove from the pan, and serve with the Vinaigrette Salsa.