- For the Sriracha Mayo (or use store-bought):
- 2 medium organic egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 small clove garlic, grated or pasted
- About 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Splash of rice wine vinegar, about 2 teaspoons
- 1 cup grapeseed oil
- Up to 1/4 cup sriracha sauce
- For the Pickled Daikon and Carrots:
- 1 cup hot water
- About 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- About 3 cups daikon, cut into matchsticks
- 2 large carrots, cut into matchsticks
- For Pickled Onions:
- 1 cup white wine vinegar
- Rachael Ray 24 /7 Seasoning or salt and pepper plus 1 tablespoon dried pickling spice or 1 crumbled bay leaf mixed with mustard and coriander seeds
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- For the Hot Dogs: 8 large fat hot good quality pork hot dogs
- 2 baguettes cut into 6 inch lengths, hollowed out and lightly toasted
- Soy sauce or liquid amino, for brushing
- Thinly sliced seedless cucumber, for garnish
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
For the Sriracha Mayo, whisk up yolks, lemon juice, Dijon, garlic, salt and vinegar, and stream oil in a thin stream and emulsify the mayo. Whisk in hot sauce to taste. (This makes 1 1/4 cups and keeps up to a month in the fridge).
Prepare the pickled daikon and carrots at least 1 hour ahead (They can be stored for up to 1 month.): For the pickled daikon and carrots, combine the hot water, sugar, sea salt, and vinegar in a mixing bowl. Pour over the daikon and carrots. Reserve.
For the pickled onions, combine the vinegar, seasonings and lime juice in a saucepot over medium-high heat. Once at a boil, pour over the onion in a bowl. Reserve.
Parboil hot dogs then crisp skins on a hot griddle. Brush lightly toasted bread with soy sauce then dress with sriracha mayo. Add dog and top with cucumber, pickled daikon and carrot, pickled onion, cilantro and hot peppers.