- 1/2 pound haricots verts (French green beans), chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup mixed herbs, such as parsley, mint and thyme
- 4 pieces bone-in, skin-on chicken breast
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup Wondra superfine flour
- 1 tablespoon smoked sweet paprika or paprika, a palmful
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon ground red pepper or chili powder blend, such as Gebhardts
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 lemon, juice of half and half cut into wedges
Preheat oven to 400F.
Bring a few inches of water to a boil, salt water and boil green beans 3-4 minutes. Drain and cool.
Season shallots with salt and pepper in a small bowl and cover with vinegar. Let stand a few minutes then add mustard and honey. Whisk in EVOO and toss green beans with dressing and herbs.
Cut chicken away from bone and leave skin intact. Place chicken, 1 piece at a time, in a large Ziploc bag and pound to 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick. Remove chicken and season liberally with salt and pepper.
Melt butter and skim off the white foam to clarify it. Add the butter to a cast-iron or other oven-safe skillet and heat to medium-high.
Mix Wondra flour with spices. Press chicken into deviled flour on skin side only. Cook chicken skin-side down until crispy, transfer skillet to oven and bake until cooked through, 6-8 minutes. Remove skillet from oven and flip chicken; let stand 5 minutes in the hot pan. Douse with chicken stock and a little lemon juice. Serve with pan juices, topped with some green bean salad. Cut remaining lemon half into wedges and serve on the side.