- For the brine:
- 1 quart apple cider
- 1/4 cup kosher salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon peppercorns
- A small handful sage leaves
- A small handful thyme sprigs
- A handful parsley
- 1 large shallot or small onion, quartered
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 orange, sliced
- For the turkey: 1 boneless turkey breast
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling
For the brine, heat ingredients in a saucepot to dissolve sugar and salt then cool completely.
Place turkey in 2.5-gallon plastic bag and add brine. Let rest several hours, preferably overnight.
If using a conventional oven, set turkey on a metal rack set on a rimmed baking sheet and preheat oven to 325F. Pat the turkey dry, rub with oil and season with ground pepper. Roast 15 minutes per pound.