- 1/2 pound cod
- Seafood seasoning or a mixture of sea salt, pepper and Mexican oregano
- Wondra (quick-mixing flour), for sprinkling
- 1 tablespoon EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 serrano chiles, seeded and minced
- 1 or 2 cloves garlic, pasted
- 1 small white or red onion, very finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- Leaves of 1 sprig oregano, chopped or a sprinkle of dried
- Juice of 2 limes
- Sea salt
- Corn tortilla chips or small, charred corn tortillas, for serving
Season the cod with seafood seasoning and sprinkle the top evenly with Wondra. In a medium skillet, heat the EVOO (1 turn of the pan) over medium-high heat. Put the fish in the pan Wondra-side down and cook until lightly browned and crispy on that first side, about 5 minutes. Flip it over, reduce the heat to about medium, and cook until opaque and cooked through, 4-5 minutes. Transfer it to a large bowl, flake it up with a fork into little teeny tiny pieces, let cool to room temperature then refrigerate until chilled through.
Remove the fish from the fridge and combine it with the chiles, garlic, onion, cilantro, mint, oregano, lime juice and sea salt. Serve it with chips or tortillas alongside.