- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup broken spaghetti or orzo pasta
- 4 scallions, white and green parts finely chopped, divided
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/4 cup crme fraiche
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cornichons or gherkin pickles
- 2 tablespoons small capers
- Salt and pepper
- 4 pieces of halibut or other sustainable white fish
- Olive oil
- Seafood seasoning such as Old Bay or Rachael Ray Seafood Seasoning blend
- 3/4 pound fresh spinach
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
Heat butter in a saucepot over medium heat. When it foams, add pasta and stir until golden. Add whites of scallions, rice and stock; bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat to simmer. Cook rice 15 minutes, add half the dill, peas and greens of onions. Stir, cook 2-3 minutes more then turn off heat.
For the sauce, in small pot over low heat combine cream, crme fraiche, lemon juice, pickles, capers, salt, pepper and remaining dill. Keep at a low bubble while fish broils.
Dress fish with a little olive oil and season with seafood seasoning. Broil until opaque.
Wilt spinach over medium heat in drizzle of oil. Add garlic clove and season with salt and pepper.
Serve fish on a bed of spinach topped with warm tartar sauce and rice alongside.