Turkey Club Enchilada Casserole
According to Rachael, THIS Is How Long Opened Tomato Paste Lasts…
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
Broadway Superstar Laura Benanti One-Ups Hugh Jackman's Most Emb…
Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Says His Music Industry Uncle's Biggest…
How to Make Shrimp Parm | Rachael Ray
How to Make Hoisin Fried Rice | Rachael Ray
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
Jeremy Sisto Teases Loophole That Could Allow Him to Make an App…
How to Tell if Someone's Been in Your House While You're Away, A…
How to Kick Out a Car Window If You're Kidnapped | Former CIA Of…
This 16-Year-Old Started Her Secret Identity Movement for All Wo…
How to Transition Back to "Real Clothes" with Comfortable Staple…
How to Make Chicken with Apples and Pears and Cheesy Potatoes | …
Why New York Times-Bestselling Thriller Writer Brad Meltzer Was …
- For the Skillet Gravy:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups chicken or turkey stock
- For the Casserole: 1 2- to 2 1/2-pound cooked roast turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 to 1/3 pound center-cut smoky bacon or Apple wood bacon (such as Oscars Hickory House Warrensburg)
- 2 medium or 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 jalapeo or Fresno peppers (seeded for a milder filling), chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin, scant palmful
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, finely chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 16 corn tortillas or 12 6-inch flour tortillas
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese or a combo of Monterey and Pepper Jack
- 1 4-ounce tin diced green chilies, well drained
For the gravy*, heat a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add butter and melt. Add flour and cook for about a minute or so. Whisk in stock and allow it to thicken until reduced to one cup.
* Use about a cup of leftover gravy instead of this skillet gravy if you have it!
Coarsely chop the turkey meat and pulse process in a food processor into fine chop.
Heat a large, deep skillet over medium to medium-high heat with EVOO, a couple turns of the pan. Add bacon and render until crispy. Add onions, garlic and peppers, and season with cumin and black pepper. Saut until tender, about 10 minutes. Add turkey and cilantro or parsley, lime juice, tomatoes and gravy. Warm through and season with salt to taste. Remove from heat.
Char tortilla and blister in hot dry skillet or over open flame on gas burner, 30-40 seconds per side.
In a saucepot over medium heat, melt butter then whisk in flour. Cook 1 minute; whisk in milk. Season with salt and pepper, and thicken to coat a spoon. Stir in 2/3 of the cheese and melt then stir in green chilies.
Fill tortillas with turkey and bacon mixture and arrange in large baking dish, pour cheese sauce evenly over the enchiladas then top with remaining cheese and cool, store.
To bake enchiladas, bring to room temperature and preheat oven to 400F. Bake the enchiladas until brown and bubbly, 40 minutes. If from fridge, 20-25 minutes if still warm from initial preparation.
Top enchiladas with any or all toppings and serve.