- 1 bag salted pretzels, any shape
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme, leaves removed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs
- 16 chicken tenders or 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips half an inch thick
- 1/4 cup EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil (eyeball it)
- Honey mustard or barbeque sauce, for drizzling
Preheat oven to 300F
Place pretzels and peanuts in a food processor or blender and grind until fine. Transfer to a shallow dish, add thyme, season with salt and pepper, and mix to combine.
Crack and beat 2 eggs in a second shallow dish with a splash of water.
Coat the chicken in the ground pretzels and peanuts, then the egg, then the pretzels again.
Preheat a large skillet with EVOO, enough to go 1/4 inch up the sides of the skillet, over medium-high heat. Add coated chicken pieces to the hot oil. Cook in a single layer, in two batches if necessary, about 3-4 minutes on each side, until cutlets' juices run clear and the breading is evenly browned. Transfer finished chicken strips to the oven to keep warm as you cook remaining strips.
Serve topped with a drizzle of honey mustard or barbecue sauce and Smashed Sweet Potatoes with Honey alongside.