Get more quick pickle recipes here!
- 2 cups white balsamic vinegar
- 2 rounded tablespoons kosher salt
- About 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/2 seedless cucumber or 3 medium Kirby cucumbers, sliced
- 2 Fresno red chili peppers, sliced into rings
- 4 to 5 fresh bay leaves
- A handful of fresh dill tops
- A few stems of parsley
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
Bring vinegar, salt, sugar and water to a low boil and dissolve salt and sugar. Reduce heat to low.
Layer onions, cucumber, chilies, herbs and spices into a tight-fitting plastic or glass container.
Douse the pickles with the brine, cover container tightly and chill 24 hours or several days, turning occasionally.
Makes 1 pint of pickles