- 9 slices white bread, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds meatloaf mixture (a combination of ground beef, pork and veal)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- A large handful Locatelli grated cheese
- 6 to 8 large cloves of garlic, ground fine in a food processor
- Vegetable Oil, for shallow frying
Pulse 6 slices of white bread in a food processor to make homemade breadcrumbs. Combine homemade breadcrumbs with meat, egg, milk, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
Cut crusts off remaining 3 slices of bread. Break the pieces up with your hands and combine with meat mixture. The mixture should be very loose.
Using 2 soup spoons, form the meat into balls and fry the balls in oil until brown.