Orzo with Spring Pesto and Lemony Lamb Chops
Rach Can Explain Why She Doesn't Wear Her Original Engagement + …
At-Home Resistance Band Workout That Mimics Gym Exercise Machine…
Save vs. Splurge: Trendy Loungewear For 2021
How To Make Crab Fra Diavolo and Spaghetti | Rachael Ray
How To Make Cheesy Butternut, Kale and Cauliflower Bake | Health…
How To Make Simple Fish and Tomato Stew | Rachael Ray
How To Make Rach's Spanakopi-tata | Greek-Inspired Frittata | Br…
Shark Tank’s Daymond John On Nailing a Job Interview + Rachael's…
How To Make 7 Layer Tacos With Chicken & Chorizo | Hard Shell Ta…
Hilarious Exchange Between Rach & John About What They Ate On Fi…
- 8 lamb rib chops (if the chops are running small, allow 3 per portion)
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for drizzling, plus 5-6 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup orzo pasta
- 1 cup rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups flat-leaf parsley 1 bunch
- 1/2 cup mint, a couple of handfuls
- A handful, 3 to 4 tablespoons, pistachios or pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced or grated
- A generous handful of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 lemon
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
Rub chops with a little EVOO and season chops liberally with salt and pepper. Arrange on broiler pan and preheat broiler.
In a pot with tight fitting lid over medium heat melt butter in a drizzle of EVOO. Add orzo pasta and cook to golden brown, 3-4 minutes. Stir in rice and stock and raise heat to bring to a boil. Cover pot and cook 17-18 minutes until tender.
Meanwhile, in a food processor combine parsley, mint, nuts, garlic, cheese, the zest of 1 lemon, salt and pepper. Turn processor on and stream in 4-5 tablespoons of EVOO to make pesto.
Dress tomatoes and scallions with about 1 tablespoon EVOO, then salt and pepper.
Broil chops 3-4 minutes on each side for rare to medium-rare. Squeeze lemon juice over top immediately after you remove them from the oven.
Stir pesto into rice pilaf to combine. Serve chops alongside pesto rice pilaf and tomato salad.