Rachael's Orecchiette With Bacon + More Q & Ray + J Questions An…
This Woman Lost Her House To a Fire On The Same Day Rachael Did …
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette | Atkins Diet Recipe…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, pork and veal mix
- 2/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons grated onion
- A splash whole milk
- 1/2 tablespoon rubbed or ground sage
- Fresh nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for generous drizzling
- 8 deli slices mild or sharp provolone cheese
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- A few leaves fresh basil, torn
- A pinch dried oregano or marjoram
- 4 ciabatta rolls or 1/4 large ciabatta loaf, split and warmed or toasted
Heat a large cast-iron skillet or griddle pan over medium-high heat. In a large bowl, combine the meat mixture, breadcrumbs, parsley, Pecorino Romano, egg, garlic, onion, milk and sage; season with nutmeg, salt and lots of pepper. Form the mixture into 4 patties (thinner at the center and thicker at the edges for even cooking).
Drizzle the burgers all over with a liberal amount of EVOO. Place in the hot skillet and cook, turning once, for 10 minutes. Top each burger with 2 slices of provolone and tent with foil to melt.
While the burgers are working, in a medium saucepan, heat the tomatoes. Stir in the basil and oregano; season with salt and pepper.
Place the burgers on the roll bottom, then top with the sauce and roll tops.