Chicken and Apple Pot Pies
Chicken Curry Pot Pies
How To Make Poule Au Pot Pie (Chicken In a Pot—Pie!) By Melissa …
How To Make Quick Chicken Pot Pies By Rachael
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Soup By Carson Kressley
How to Make Crustless Chicken Pot Pie With Cracker Crumble
Mexican Chicken Pot Pies
How To Make Skillet Chicken Pot Pies With Apples + Cider | Racha…
One-Pot Chicken Provencal
One-Pot Chicken Alfredo
How To Make Chicken Pot Pie Muffins | DIY Food Gift Basket Idea …
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken, white or dark meat, diced into bite-sized pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 Empire, Gala or Honey Crisp apples, peeled and chopped
- 3-4 small ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 sheet store-bought puff pastry dough, defrosted if frozen
- 1 egg, beaten with water
Preheat oven to 400F.
Heat EVOO in a large skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add chicken and brown 7-8 minutes then remove to plate.
Add butter and melt. Add apples, celery, onion, bay, thyme, salt and pepper, and cook to soften, 8-10 minutes. Sprinkle with flour, stir 1 minute then whisk in cider and stock. Slide chicken back into pan and simmer a few minutes to thicken sauce.
Place in casserole dish or individual casserole dishes arranged on baking sheet to catch drips. Cover with pastry, brush with egg wash and bake until golden.