- 1 tablespoon EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 3 bunches collard greens, stems removed, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 smoked turkey leg
- 3 to 4 cups chicken stock
Place a large, high-sided skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon. Add onion and garlic to the pan, season with salt and pepper, and cook until tender, 5-6 minutes.
Add the collard greens to the pan and continue cooking until they begin to wilt a bit, 2-3 minutes. Add the smoked turkey leg to the pan and enough chicken stock to just cover the greens. Season with salt and pepper, put a lid on the pan and cook until the greens are wilted and tender, about 30 minutes. Serve.