- 4 pieces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3/4 cup feta crumbles
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 small, seedless watermelon
- Heirloom tomatoes, 3 medium or 2 pints small
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley tops, a couple of handfuls, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- Pita chips or crisps
- Balsamic drizzle, optional
Using a small, sharp knife, cut into the fullest side of each chicken breast making a deep incision into the meat to form a pocket across each breast. Stuff some cheese into each breast then season liberally with pepper and gingerly with salt.
Cut the watermelon into 1/4-inch-thick slices then in large bite-size pieces. Gently slice the tomatoes in a similar shape. If you are using smaller tomatoes, halve or quarter them.
Peel the onion and quarter it lengthwise. Thinly slice the onion and combine with the watermelon, tomatoes, parsley and mint. Dress the salad with lots of salt and pepper and about 1/4 cup EVOO.
Heat about 2 tablespoons EVOO in large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 6 minutes on each side. For outdoor or grill pan preparation, coat chicken with about 2 tablespoons EVOO, season with salt and pepper, and grill 12 minutes over medium-high heat.
Let chicken rest for 5 minutes, then slice in wide slices on an angle and fan out the pieces on plates. If using, garnish the chicken with some balsamic drizzle. Serve with large portions of salad and garnish with pita chips or crisps alongside.