Sausage Burgers on English Muffin Buns
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 1 1/2 pounds ground pork or turkey
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (about 1/2 palmful) ground sage
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (about 1/2 palmful) ground thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoon (about 1/2 palmful) cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar or maple syrup
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 sammy-size English muffins, toasted
In a large mixing bowl, combine the ground pork with the ground sage, thyme and cayenne pepper. Mix well with your hands then form the meat into 4 equal-sized patties.
Preheat a large skillet with EVOO over medium heat. Sear the patties on both sides then add the ketchup, Worcestershire, soy sauce and brown sugar to the skillet and let that cook down until it coats the burgers and becomes saucy, about 5-6 minutes.
Place the English muffin halves on a baking sheet and pop them under the broiler to toast.
Place a piece of cheddar cheese over the top of each burger. Melt the cheese by popping the skillet under the broiler real quick. Serve the burgers on the toasted English muffins topped with a spoonful of the sauce.