- 3 pounds baby potatoes, whatever variety you like
- 1 tablespoon EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 pound Spanish chorizo, casing removed and finely chopped
- 1 cup Manchego cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Salt and ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 400F.
Place potatoes on a baking sheet and roast until tender, about 25-30 minutes. Remove and set aside until cool enough to touch.
While the potatoes are roasting, in a medium skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan of EVOO, about 1 tablespoon, cook chorizo until crispy. Remove and reserve on a paper towel.
When the potatoes are cool to touch, cut in half and scoop the insides out into a medium-size mixing bowl. Place the skins cut sides up back onto the baking sheet.
Once all the potatoes are scooped out, add the chorizo into the bowl with the potato flesh along with 3/4 cup of the cheese, chicken stock, salt and ground black pepper, and mix.
With a small spoon, scoop the potato-chorizo-cheese mixture into the little potato skins, top with the remaining cheese and place back in the oven until the cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.