Chinese Orange-Barbecue Cashew Chicken
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs, chopped into bite-size pieces
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into 1/2 inch dice
- 1 onion, chopped into 1/2 inch dice
- 2 to 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped or grated
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and grated or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup regular or honey-roasted cashews
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on a bias
Place a large skillet over high heat with 2 turns of the pan of oil, about 2 tablespoons. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. When the pan is very hot, add in the meat and stir-fry until golden brown, about 4-5 minutes. Remove the meat from the pan and reserve on a plate.
Add another tablespoon of oil, then add the bell pepper, onion, garlic and ginger to the skillet and stir-fry until tender-crisp, 3 minutes. In a small bowl, stir together the hot sauce, tamari, Hoisin sauce, orange marmalade and stock.
Return the chicken to the skillet and pour the sauce into pan. Add the cashews to the skillet, toss to coat and continue cooking until the sauce thickens up, about 1 minute more.
Serve the stir-fry over brown rice, garnish with scallions.