- 12 eggs
- 5 thin slices smoked salmon, 3 slices finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely grated onion
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons mayonnaise or creme fraiche
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill, plus sprigs for garnish
- A few dashes Worcestershire sauce
- A few dashes hot sauce
- Salt and ground black pepper
Place the eggs in a medium-size pot and cover them with cold water. Place over high heat and bring up to a rolling boil. Remove the pot from heat, cover tightly and let sit for 10 minutes. Run eggs under cool water and peel.
Slice the top half-inch off of each egg and scoop out the yolk, reserving them in a bowl. As you finish each egg, transfer them to an empty egg carton so that they stand upright itll be easier to fill them.
Mash the yolks up with a fork and combine them with the chopped salmon, onion, 1/4 cup mayo or crme fraiche, chopped dill, Worcestershire, hot sauce, some salt and pepper. Transfer the mixture to a plastic bag to make a piping bag. Snip off a small bit from one corner of the bag and fill each of the eggs with the mixture.
Cut the slices of smoked salmon into strips and roll them up into flowers. Place the flowers on top of each egg and garnish with a small drop of mayo or crme fraiche, a few pearls of salmon roe and a sprig of dill.