- 4 large Idaho potatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoon EVOO Extra Virgin Olive Oil, divided
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds all-white ground chicken breast
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika (you can substitute with chipotles or chipotle chili powder)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup hot sauce, depending on how hot you like it
- 1 15-ounce can tomato sauce
- 3/4 pound blue cheese (recommended type Maytag Blue), crumbled
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 scallions sliced on bias, whites and green parts kept separate
Preheat oven to 350F.
Place the potatoes onto a baking tray and rub them with salt, pepper and 1 tablespoon of EVOO. Pop them into the preheated oven and bake for about 1 hour, until tender.
While the potatoes are cooking, place a large pot over medium-high heat. Add 1 turn of the pan of EVOO and the butter. Once the butter has melted and the pot is hot, add the ground chicken. Brown it, using the back of a wooden spoon to break it up in to small pieces, about 5-6 minutes.
Add the carrot, onion, celery, garlic, paprika or chipotles, bay leaf, some salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for about 3-4 minutes.
Add the chicken stock and scrape up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Add the hot sauce and tomato sauce, and bring up to a bubble. Simmer for 8-10 minutes to let the flavors come together.
While the chili is simmering, take the potatoes out of the oven and slice the top third off so the potato resembles a boat. Gently scoop out the potato pulp out of the skins, reserving it in a bowl.
To the bowl with the potato pulp, add the blue cheese, egg, sour cream, salt, pepper and the whites of the scallions. Gently mix to combine.
Fill the hollowed-out potato skins with the potato mixture. Place them into the oven for 10 minutes, until nice and hot.
To serve, place a stuffed potato onto a plate and top it with some buffalo chicken chili. Garnish with the sliced green scallions.