- 1 cup white rice
- 2 cups water
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 14.5-ounce can chick peas
- A handful cilantro, chopped
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine rice, water and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat. Simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes, until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Once the rice is going, place a large skillet over medium-high heat with 1 turn of the pan EVOO and brown the chicken. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes.
Sprinkle with the curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the yogurt and simmer gently for 3 minutes, adding a splash of water if it needs to loosen up a little. Stir in some salt, pepper, the tomatoes and chickpeas then remove from heat.
Divide the rice and chicken mixture among individual bowls and garnish with the cilantro.