- Leftover crudite such as red and green bell pepper strips, cherry tomatoes, celery and carrot sticks, radishes, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1-2 heads Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- A few dashes of hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons (about a palmful) fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons (about a palmful) fresh dill, chopped
- 1 tablespoon (a small palmful) fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a medium-size bowl, mix together the buttermilk, sour cream, white wine vinegar, garlic, hot sauce, parsley, dill and chives. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
In a large salad bowl, combine the romaine and chopped crudite. Add the ranch dressing and toss to coat.