- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium-size carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bay leaf, use fresh if available
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 quarts chicken stock
- 1 pound wide egg noodles
- 1 pound chicken tenders or chicken cutlets, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup (about a handful) dill, chopped
- 1 cup popcorn
- 1 cup oyster crackers
Heat a large soup pot over medium-high heat with EVOO. Add celery, carrots, onions and bay leaf, and season with salt and pepper. Cook for about 2-3 minutes then add chicken stock. Bring to a boil and add the egg noodles. Cook according to the package instructions, adding the chicken pieces during the last 4-5 minutes of cooking.
Ladle a portion of noodles, chicken, vegetables and soup into a bowl. Garnish with some chopped dill and popcorn or oyster crackers on the top.