- 3/4 cup dried cherries
- 2-3 tablespoons EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, 1/2 stick
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 4 ribs celery with leafy tops, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sage, finely chopped
- 8 store-bought corn muffins
- 2 cups chicken stock, plus some for reconstituting cherries
Place cherries in a small bowl and add enough chicken stock to cover. Let sit for a few minutes to soften.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add EVOO and butter. Once the butter has melted, add the onion and celery. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain cherries and add them to the skillet with the sage and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until fragrant. Crumble the corn muffins into the pan and add stock to dampen.
Turn heat down to low and keep warm until ready to serve.