- 2 Roasted Pork Tenderloins
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus some for spreading on Sandwich-Size English Muffins
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and chunked
- 4 sprigs of thyme, leaves removed and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons cider vinegar, divided
- 4 sandwich-size English muffins, split
- 1/2 pound aged white cheddar cheese, sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 small bunches watercress, trimmed of stem end
Thickly slice the leftover roast pork tenderloins on a slight angle and then into chunks. Reserve.
Heat a medium-size skillet over medium-heat with the butter. Once butter melts, add the sliced apples, thyme, brown sugar and cider vinegar. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5-7 minutes.
Add the chunked pork and toss to combine to heat up pork up slightly, a minute or two. While the apples are cooking toast up the English muffins until they are golden, remove from the toaster and spread lightly with butter.
To assemble sandwiches, divide the sliced pork between the 8 toasted muffins. Top each one with some of the apple mixture, then top that with a slice of the cheddar cheese. Transfer to the oven or broiler for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
While the cheese is melting, combine the remaining cider vinegar with the honey in the bottom of a salad bowl. Add EVOO in a slow steady stream, whisking to combine. Season with some salt and pepper then add the watercress and toss to coat.
Serve the sammies with the sweet apple dressed greens alongside.