Turkey Patty Melt With Honey Apple Radish Slaw
Reuben Patty Melt Casserole
Sour Cream and Onion Turkey Patty Melts
The Secret to Katie Lee's Perfect Patty Melt
Patty Melt Beefcakes
Ultimate Falafel Patty Melts
Music Monday Is Back With Icon Patty Smyth + Rach's TDay Side Di…
How To Make Turkey Club Burgers with Sour Cream & Onion Sauce an…
Turkey Burgers with Cran-Apple Chutney
Simple Sandwich Supper: Rachael's Super Melt
Rachael's Apple-Dijon Turkey Cheeseburgers with Caramelized Onio…
- 1 package (about 1 1/3 pounds) all-white-meat, ground turkey breast
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
- 2 to 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon sweet pickle relish
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 to 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened but not melted
- 8 slices multi-grain sandwich bread
- 8 slices havarti cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup spicy brown mustard, divided (1/4 cup for slaw, 1/2 cup for dipping on the side)
- 1 handful flat-leaf parsley
- 1 sack store-bought shredded cabbage
- 10 radishes, sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled, cored and sliced
In a medium-size mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, dill, scallions, sweet pickle relish, salt and pepper.
Score the meat into 4 equal parts and then form 4 patties, about 1 1/2-inch thick. Drizzle them with EVOO and set aside.
Place a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon EVOO. Place patties into the pan and cook 6-7 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
In the bottom of a medium size bowl, stir the sour cream, honey, lemon juice, mustard and the parsley to make a dressing.
Add the cabbage, radishes and apple to make a slaw.
While the patties are cooking, spread a thin layer of butter on each slice of bread, turn them over and place a slice of cheese on each of the non-buttered sides of the bread.
Put a cooked patty on top of the cheese, and top with another cheese-sided slice of bread. Place the sammies buttered side down in the skillet over medium heat and cook until golden and the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes per side. Serve the patty melts with some spicy brown mustard for dipping and the slaw alongside.