- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 25 to 30 leaves fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (a handful) flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 seedless cucumber, cut in quarters lengthwise then chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 pint red grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 pint yellow grape tomatoes, cut in half
In a blender or food processor combine the lemon zest and juice with the basil, the parsley, honey and some salt and pepper. Turn the machine on and pour in the EVOO in a slow and steady stream. Transfer dressing to a bowl, add the poppy seeds and stir to combine.
For the salad, rub a salad bowl with the crushed clove of garlic to give the flavor of garlic without overpowering the salad. Discard the garlic and add the cucumbers and red and yellow tomatoes to the bowl. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.