Sicilian-Style Swordfish Burgers
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
What Are Rachael & John Reading Right Now? | Books To Read In 20…
How To Make Raw Mushroom & Escarole Salad | Rachael Ray
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
- 2 1/2 pounds swordfish, trimmed off the bloodline and cut into about 2-inch chunks
- 1 orange, zested then sliced into disks after removing the white pith off of the fruit
- 1/4 cup (about a handful) parsley leaves, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 6 scallions, green and white parts, cut into large chunks
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 roasted red peppers
- 1 head romaine lettuce hearts, chopped
- 4 sesame, plain or poppy Kaiser rolls
- 1 bag fancy potato chips
Preheat the broiler to high.
In a food processor, combine the zest of the orange, parsley, garlic, scallions and pulse until chopped. Add the swordfish chunks and pulse again until ground.
Season with a little salt and black pepper then transfer everything to a bowl. Score the mixture into 4 equal portions and make 4 patties. Preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO. Once you see a ripple in the oil, add the patties and cook on each side for 5-6 minutes.
While the burgers are cooking, rinse out the food processor and add in the roasted red peppers. Grind into a paste and reserve. Toast the buns until slightly charred.
To assemble the burgers: Place one patty on the bottom of a bun and smear it with some of the red pepper paste. Top with some of the chopped romaine, the sliced oranges and the bun top. Serve the burgers with some fancy chips alongside.