Maya's Mayan-Spiced Chicken Burgers
Rachael Shares Her Best Tips for Working with Fresh Thyme
How to Make a Negroni-Martini (Negronatini) | John Cusimano
Broadway Superstar Laura Benanti One-Ups Hugh Jackman's Most Emb…
Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Says His Music Industry Uncle's Biggest…
How to Make Shrimp Parm | Rachael Ray
How to Make Hoisin Fried Rice | Rachael Ray
This Video of Rach's Number One Feline Fan Watching Her Cook on …
Anthony Michael Hall Talks "Halloween Kills" Story: "It's classi…
You're Doing It Wrong: How to Burn + Extinguish Your Candles So …
How to Make Crispy Skin Chicken with 5-Spice and Sichuan Pepper …
How to Make Bifteki (Greek Burger Patties) | Rachael Ray
First Makeover Back in the Studio is for a Deserving Woman Who's…
Jeremy Sisto Teases Loophole That Could Allow Him to Make an App…
How to Tell if Someone's Been in Your House While You're Away, A…
How to Kick Out a Car Window If You're Kidnapped | Former CIA Of…
This 16-Year-Old Started Her Secret Identity Movement for All Wo…
How to Transition Back to "Real Clothes" with Comfortable Staple…
How to Make Chicken with Apples and Pears and Cheesy Potatoes | …
Why New York Times-Bestselling Thriller Writer Brad Meltzer Was …
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon (a palmful) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon (a palmful) chili powder
- 2 tablespoons (a mounded palmful) grill seasoning, such as Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil), for drizzling
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 clove garlic, minced then mashed into paste with 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 small white or red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, 1 seeded and finely chopped, 2 thinly sliced
- Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
- 4 rolls split, reserve or lightly toast then reserve
- A bag of blue and yellow corn tortilla chips
- 1 pound sack shredded cabbage
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin slices
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly on an angle (greens and whites)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup (3 healthy drizzles) honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or light-colored oil
Place ground chicken in bowl and add cumin, chili powder, grill seasoning, ground cinnamon, parsley and cilantro.
Add a drizzle of EVOO and mix to combine.
Score the meat in 4 equal parts then form 4 patties about 1 1/2-inches thick.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO and add the burgers. Cook about 5 minutes on each side, until cooked all the way through -- there shouldn't be any pink in the middle.
Once the burgers are cooked, transfer them to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm while you make the guacamole.
In a medium-size bowl, mash the avocado. Add the garlic paste, lemon juice, onion, jalapeo and finely chopped tomato.
For the slaw, combine vegetables in a serving bowl. In another small bowl, combine lime juice and honey. While whisking, drizzle in EVOO in a slow and steady stream. Pour dressing over slaw and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer burgers to the toasted bun bottoms and top with sliced tomatoes, lettuce and a rounded tablespoonful of guacamole. Serve Mayan burgers with Five Vegetable Slaw Salad and tortilla chips alongside. YUM-O!