Maya's Mayan-Spiced Chicken Burgers
How To Make a Sage Advice Cocktail | John Cusimano
How To Make Garlicky Mashed Potatoes and Parsnips | Rachael Ray
Gina Torres On "9-1-1: Lone Star" Co-Star Rob Lowe: "It's a litt…
How To Make Root Vegetable Puree | Amanda Freitag
The Right Ways To Store Bras | You're Doing It Wrong | Expert Br…
5 Bras You Need NOW | Bra Fitting Expert Kimmay Caldwell
How To Make Creamy Mustard Sauce | Amanda Freitag
How To Make Honey-Glazed Pork Tenderloin | Amanda Freitag
How To Make Garlic Herb Roast Chicken with Potatoes | Rachael Ray
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon (a palmful) ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon (a palmful) chili powder
- 2 tablespoons (a mounded palmful) grill seasoning, such as Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil), for drizzling
- 2 ripe Hass avocados
- 1 clove garlic, minced then mashed into paste with 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 small white or red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, 1 seeded and finely chopped, 2 thinly sliced
- Bibb or butter lettuce leaves
- 4 rolls split, reserve or lightly toast then reserve
- A bag of blue and yellow corn tortilla chips
- 1 pound sack shredded cabbage
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into thin slices
- 4 scallions, sliced thinly on an angle (greens and whites)
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup (3 healthy drizzles) honey
- 3 tablespoons vegetable or light-colored oil
Place ground chicken in bowl and add cumin, chili powder, grill seasoning, ground cinnamon, parsley and cilantro.
Add a drizzle of EVOO and mix to combine.
Score the meat in 4 equal parts then form 4 patties about 1 1/2-inches thick.
Heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with EVOO and add the burgers. Cook about 5 minutes on each side, until cooked all the way through -- there shouldn't be any pink in the middle.
Once the burgers are cooked, transfer them to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm while you make the guacamole.
In a medium-size bowl, mash the avocado. Add the garlic paste, lemon juice, onion, jalapeo and finely chopped tomato.
For the slaw, combine vegetables in a serving bowl. In another small bowl, combine lime juice and honey. While whisking, drizzle in EVOO in a slow and steady stream. Pour dressing over slaw and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Transfer burgers to the toasted bun bottoms and top with sliced tomatoes, lettuce and a rounded tablespoonful of guacamole. Serve Mayan burgers with Five Vegetable Slaw Salad and tortilla chips alongside. YUM-O!