- 8 1-inch-thick slices from a baguette, cut on a long bias
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup full-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
- 2 teaspoons honey
Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350°F. (You can also use a toaster oven preheated to 350°F.)
Drizzle or brush the baguette slices with 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, then toast until lightly golden and crispy, 8 to 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the ricotta spread. In a bowl, use a rubber spatula to stir together the ricotta, lemon zest, salt, pepper and remaining tablespoon olive oil.
Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture onto each baguette slice. Top each with about 1/4 teaspoon of honey and finish with salt and pepper. Arrange the crostini on a serving plate or platter and serve.