- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup diced onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup roasted poblano chiles, diced
- 1/2 cup roasted jalapeños, diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 cups Mexican cheese blend (Chihuahua, Queso Oaxaca, Manchego)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup pico de gallo
- Mexican chorizo, browned and crumbled
- 1 pinch chopped cilantro
- Flour tortillas
For the chile sauce, heat oil in a skillet and sauté onions, garlic and chiles until soft.
Heat another medium sauté pan over medium heat, add heavy cream and chile sauce to the pan. Toss cheese mix with cornstarch and add to the simmering sauce/cream; stir until smooth.
Pour into a warm 6-inch cast-iron skillet, and place under the broiler until lightly brown on top.
Garnish with pico de gallo, chorizo and cilantro. Serve with flour tortillas alongside.