- 3 large spaghetti squash or 1 pound gnocchi
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 3 large roasted red peppers (look for field peppers or large frying peppers more rectangular in shape and larger than Holland red bell peppers), homemade or store-bought or 10 to 12 pequillo (pimiento) peppers packed in water, drained
- 1/3 cup toasted or roasted Marcona almonds
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, toasted or roasted and peeled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika or smoked paprika
- 1/2 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, a couple of handfuls
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- About 1 teaspoon Acacia honey
- About 1/3 cup olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Halve the squash lengthwise and place cut-side down on baking sheets. Roast 1 hour or until tender, turn cut-side up and shred the squash into spaghetti-like strands with tines of a fork, season with salt and pepper.
Roast squash until tender, about 45-50 minutes.
Add ingredients except salt to a food processor and purée. Season with salt to taste.
Pour sauce over spaghetti squash or cooked gnocchi and toss to combine.