- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- Olive oil, for drizzling plus about 4 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons rosemary, chopped
- 1 pound whole wheat or farro spaghetti
- 4 flat filets of anchovies
- 5 to 6 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 28-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained, divided
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Freshly grated Grana Padano or Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Heat oven to 425°F. Toss the cauliflower with a little olive oil and season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Transfer to oven and roast until caramelized at edges and tender, 25 minutes.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta. Salt water and cook the pasta to al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup starchy cooking water just before draining.
Heat 4 tablespoons olive oil, 4 turns of the pan, over medium heat. Melt anchovies into oil. Add the garlic and lower heat a bit; stir in red pepper flakes.
In a blender or food processor, purée half the chickpeas with the stock. Add to the pan with the anchovies and garlic. Add remaining whole chickpeas to the sauce.
Toss pasta in starchy water and chickpea sauce. Add roasted cauliflower to pasta and serve on warm dishes topped with cheese.