- 8-10 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 to 6 ounces Boursin garlic-and-herb soft cow’s milk cheese, fresh ricotta or goat cheese with herbs
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups warm milk and/or stock
- 1/4 cup minced parsley, chives and thyme
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 cloves grated or pasted garlic, optional
- Pepper, to taste
Cover potatoes with cold water and bring to boil. Salt water and cook potatoes to tender. Drain and return to hot pot to dry them out a bit.
Mash potatoes with soft cheese of choice, warm milk and/or stock, herbs, lemon zest and garlic; season with salt and pepper to taste.
To hold mashed potatoes, cover and place pan in 1 inch of simmering water in a larger pan, making a bain marie to keep potatoes warm without changing their consistency.