- 8 slices bacon
- 8 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/3 palmful
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1/4 cup grated Gruyère
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 leeks, cut into half moons then cleaned and dried
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 12 to 14 cherry tomatoes, halved
Serves: 4-6 servings
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Bake bacon on a slotted pan to crisp, 12-14 minutes. Coarsely chop and reserve.
Separate eggs, placing the yolks in one bowl and the whites in another. Whisk up whites to medium-firm peaks. Whisk yolks with dry mustard, Herbes de Provence, garlic, salt, pepper, cheeses and bacon.
Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium to medium-high heat with oil, 1 turn of the pan. When oil is hot, add leeks and lightly brown, 4-5 minutes; remove to a plate. Melt butter in skillet, let foam subside. Fold egg whites into yolks and pour mixture into skillet. Scatter leeks and tomatoes over eggs as they begin to set and the edges firm up. Transfer to oven and bake 15-18 minutes until golden and puffed.