- 1/2 pound spicy Italian sausage
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 14-ounce can tomato purée
- 1 14-ounce can black beans
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Ancho chili powder or chili powder, to taste
- Salt and pepper
- 2 8-ounce packages 90-second brown rice
Remove the sausage from the casings. In a large skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the sausage and the green pepper until the sausage is browned, about 8 minutes.
Add the tomato purée, beans, spices, salt and pepper. Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for another 5 minutes to incorporate all flavors and heat through.
While the sausage-bean mixture is cooking, prepare the rice according to the package instructions.
Serve the sausage-bean mixture over the rice and enjoy.