- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup 1/8-inch strips of red onion
- 3 teaspoons minced jalapeno
- 5 ounces cooked turkey breast, sliced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup roasted red bell pepper strips
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 9 ounces fettuccine
- 1 ounce white or silver tequila
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro, plus 2 sprigs for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons seeded and diced Roma tomato (about 1/2 tomato)
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 lime wedges
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
In a large skillet over high heat, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and jalapeo, and cook until the onion is translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the turkey and roasted red pepper, and mix lightly, taking care not to break up the turkey too much. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Cook the fettuccine al dente, according to the package directions. Drain.
Pour the tequila around the edge of the pan to deglaze it. Add the cream and let reduce to 2 to 4 minutes. Add the lemon juice, cilantro and salt, and stir to combine. Add the fettuccine and toss, then add the Parmesan and toss again.
Nest the pasta on a serving plate. Garnish the pasta with sprigs of cilantro and a sprinkle of tomato and freshly cracked black pepper. Serve with lime wedges.