- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 cup George Dickel No. 12 whiskey
- 3 cups your favorite barbecue sauce
- 1 to 2 Guajillo chilies, seeded and torn into small pieces
- 1 to 2 Chipotle chilies, seeded and torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
For the Whiskey BBQ Sauce:
Add honey, white vinegar and whiskey to a saucepan over medium heat. Cook mixture until you hear a frying sound indicating the alcohol has cooked off. Add barbecue sauce and stir to combine. Place it back on the fire and simmer for at least 10 minutes.
Combine all ingredients in a coffee mill, mortar and pestle, or a spice grinder. Use rub to season any type of meat after you’re done grilling for extra flavor.