Ground Chicken and Chipotle Hard Tacos
Rachael's Orecchiette With Bacon + More Q & Ray + J Questions An…
This Woman Lost Her House To a Fire On The Same Day Rachael Did …
How To Make Roasted Cauliflower Orecchiette | Atkins Diet Recipe…
We're Gearing Up For The Biggest Day In Football With Brandon Co…
Rach's Lemon Risotto + The Best Deals For Valentine's Day Gifts …
Bob Harper Joins Rach For Pasta Night + Makeover For Viewer Who …
Rob Lowe On Working With His Son on 9-1-1 Lone Star + Rach's Roa…
Rob Lowe On His "West Wing" Pride + What It's Like Working With …
How To Make Instant Pot Sausage & Shells | 20 Minute Meal | Pres…
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne On His Covid Wedding: "We got married b…
- 2 teaspoons light agave
- Juice of 2 limes, divided
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- A pinch of ground cinnamon, less than 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon (a scant 1/3 palmful) ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon (a scant 1/3 palmful) ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons puréed chipotle in adobo (store leftover peppers and adobo in the freezer in a marked food storage bag)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 to 8 flat-bottom, large, hard-shell corn tortillas
- Crumbled cotija cheese or queso fresco or shredded Chihuahua cheese
- Chopped romaine heart
- Chopped yellow or green tomatoes
- Cilantro leaves
- Green (mild to medium heat) hot sauce (I use Bronx Hot Sauce)
Serves: 6-8 tacos
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Combine light agave and the juice of 1 lime in a bowl. Add red onion and jalapeño pepper, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Let sit 20-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with oil, a turn of the pan. When oil smokes, add chicken and crumble as it browns. Add onions and garlic, and season with salt, pepper, cinnamon, coriander and cumin. Stir to toast the spices then add chipotles, stock and remaining teaspoon agave. Bring to a bubble then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10-15 minutes, adding more stock to keep moist if necessary. Add juice of remaining lime and remove from heat to serve.
Warm taco shells until golden and fragrant, 5-8 minutes.
Fill shells with chicken, cheese, pickled onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and hot sauce.