Ground Chicken and Chipotle Hard Tacos
Prodigal Son's Tom Payne Talks Season 2 + Rach's Maple Pork Chop…
How To Make Bacon-Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce |…
Is The Covid Vaccine Safe? Dr. Ian On Why It's Worth The (Very S…
Soon-To-Be Mom of 6 On Relationship With Her Oldest Child: "I ca…
The Covid Vaccines Explained | Physician + "Doctors" Host Dr. Ia…
When Can You Get The Covid Vaccine? A Doctor Breaks Down Current…
Why You Should Still Get The Vaccine If You've Already Had Covid…
Chef Curtis Stone's Fried Chicken + Rachael's Chicken With Pears…
Sterling K. Brown On Filming Latest Season Of This Is Us + Rach'…
Rach's Bacon & Cheddar Burgers with Dijon-Horseradish Sauce + Al…
- 2 teaspoons light agave
- Juice of 2 limes, divided
- 1 small red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- A pinch of ground cinnamon, less than 1/8 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon (a scant 1/3 palmful) ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon (a scant 1/3 palmful) ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons puréed chipotle in adobo (store leftover peppers and adobo in the freezer in a marked food storage bag)
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 to 8 flat-bottom, large, hard-shell corn tortillas
- Crumbled cotija cheese or queso fresco or shredded Chihuahua cheese
- Chopped romaine heart
- Chopped yellow or green tomatoes
- Cilantro leaves
- Green (mild to medium heat) hot sauce (I use Bronx Hot Sauce)
Serves: 6-8 tacos
Preheat oven to 325°F.
Combine light agave and the juice of 1 lime in a bowl. Add red onion and jalapeño pepper, season with salt and pepper and toss to combine. Let sit 20-30 minutes.
Meanwhile, heat a large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat with oil, a turn of the pan. When oil smokes, add chicken and crumble as it browns. Add onions and garlic, and season with salt, pepper, cinnamon, coriander and cumin. Stir to toast the spices then add chipotles, stock and remaining teaspoon agave. Bring to a bubble then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer 10-15 minutes, adding more stock to keep moist if necessary. Add juice of remaining lime and remove from heat to serve.
Warm taco shells until golden and fragrant, 5-8 minutes.
Fill shells with chicken, cheese, pickled onions, lettuce, tomatoes, cilantro and hot sauce.