- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons (2/3 palmful) ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons (2/3 palmful) ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons (2/3 palmful) smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- Meat from 1 rotisserie or poached chicken, skin and bones removed, meat pulled in bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tablespoons puréed or finely chopped chipotle in adobo
- 1 bag yellow corn tortilla chips
- 4 ounces yellow sharp cheddar, shredded (about 1 cup)
- 8 ounces pepper jack or blue pepper jack cheese, shredded (about 1 1/2 cups)
- For the toppings:
- Homemade pico de gallo (chopped tomatoes, jalapeños, red onion and cilantro) or store-bought
- Pickled jalapeño peppers
- Sour cream
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with oil, 2 turns of the pan. Add onions and garlic, and stir 2-3 minutes. Add spices, salt and pepper, and stir 1 minute; add chicken, stock and chipotle, and simmer to combine flavors.
Layer tortillas and chicken in casserole dish, and top with cheese. Bake until brown and bubbly, 12-15 minutes. Top casserole with salsa and pickled jalapeños, and serve with passed sour cream at the table.