Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad with Chipotle Crema
How To Make Beef Taco Salad with Fritos and Corn Nuts By Rachael
Grilled Corn Polenta with Sausages and Broccoli Rabe
Grilled Chicken with Fennel Sauce and Charred Tomato Bread
Pimiento Cheese Grilled Corn Topping
How To Make Chipotle Corn 'n' Chops By Rachael
Sunny Anderson’s Twice-Grilled Mexican Street Corn Potato
Grilled Caesar Salad with Poached Eggs
How To Make Hot Honey 'n' Peanut Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Gridd…
Ground Chicken and Chipotle Hard Tacos
Chipotle Sweet Potato and Chorizo Quesadillas
This recipe was featured in the September 2015 edition of Every Day with Rachael Ray magazine.
- 1 cup heavy cream or Mexican crema
- 2 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo sauce, puréed or finely chopped
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken (breast or thigh)
- 2 large ears corn
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 2 limes (about 4 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons acacia honey or light agave
- 6 cups chopped romaine hearts
- 4 ounces Manchego cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, sliced and dressed with lemon or lime juice to slow browning
Heat a grill pan or outdoor grill over medium-high to high.
In a small saucepan, heat the cream and chipotle over low, stirring occasionally. Simmer until it thickens a bit, about 5 minutes. Keep warm.
Drizzle the chicken and corn with a little oil. Season with salt, pepper, thyme, oregano and cumin. Grill the chicken and corn until the chicken is cooked through and the corn is charred in spots, turning occasionally, 12-15 minutes. (If using a grill pan, cook the corn first.) Invert a small bowl in a large bowl. Place one corncob upright on top of the small bowl. Cut the kernels off the cob (they'll fall into the big bowl). Repeat with the other corncob. Slice the chicken. Douse the chicken and corn with the juice of 1 lime.
In a large bowl, whisk the juice of the remaining lime, the honey and 1/4 cup olive oil; season. Toss with the greens. Divide among plates; top with the cheese, chicken, corn, chipotle crema and avocado.