- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound Spanish chorizo (preferred brand Gaspar’s Chourico or D’Artagnan)
- 1 to 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 28-ounce can stewed tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can chickpeas, drained
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1 large bunch flat-leaf or Tuscan kale, stemmed and cut into 1/2-inch strips or coarsely chopped
Remove casing from sausage and dice. Heat olive oil, 1 turn of the pan, over medium-high heat in a soup pot. Add chorizo and render 1-2 minutes, add garlic and stir 1 minute. Add tomatoes, chickpeas and stock; wilt in kale. Simmer until ready to serve.