- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds large shrimp-peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup vodka or dry vermouth
- 1/3 cup crème fraîche or mascarpone
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/3 cup basil, roughly torn
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Crusty bread, for serving
In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high. Add the onion and garlic, and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables soften, 4-5 minutes. Add the shrimp and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until the shrimp are pink and opaque in the center, 2-3 minutes. Add the vodka; stir until slightly reduced, about 1 minute. Remove pan from heat and add the crème fraiche. Stir until the sauce is smooth. Stir in the parsley and basil.
Divide shrimp among shallow bowls and drizzle with the lemon juice. Serve with crusty bread.