- 1/4 pound bacon or pancetta, chopped
- 2 ears of corn, scraped or 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1 Fresno chile pepper, chopped
- A few sprigs of thyme, leaves picked and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Chives, chopped, for garnish
- Lemon juice, for serving
- Charred bread, for serving
Preheat oven to broil.
In a 10-inch cast-iron pan, cook the bacon over medium heat until crispy. Add the corn and cook until corn begins to brown. Add in the shallot, garlic, chile pepper and thyme. Cook for a few minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Add in ricotta and chicken stock, and stir until smooth. Top with parmesan cheese and place into the oven.
Broil for a few minutes until top is bubbly and brown.
Remove from oven and garnish with chives and a squeeze of lemon juice over the top. Serve with charred bread alongside for dipping.